Generate a Bibliography, In-Text Citations or Other Elements in APA Style!
APA is known as the American Psychological Association. But students all around the world know this abbreviation as a separate academic referencing style. While MLA is the easiest paper format usually met at school level, APA is the most common format applied within the social sciences. It is used to cite different peer-reviewed sources in o0rder to make the research paper or essay sound more persuasive. Quotations are needed throughout the text to serve as the evidence, so APA style reference generator is one of the most valuable free services discovered during the last decade.
This citation machine will eliminate all of your problems once and forever. You may choose various sources to help with your academic paper:
- Book or textbook (any written piece found in print, or online as digital e-book. There are two types of this source: fiction and non-fiction. You can watch the titles on websites like Amazon and insert available data in our APA format reference generator to get a proper in-text quote.
- Magazine – this source can be print or online as well. It is a known material published periodically. It focuses on the particular topics of interest.
- Newspaper – periodical publication (monthly, weekly, or even daily) that includes all recent events, news, shocking articles, and interviews.
- Website – an online archive of pages that contains valuable information on specific subject.
- Journal (scientific or academic) – a scholarly work also published from time to time. Unlike newspapers or magazine articles, it necessarily involves detailed research and analysis. You may use one of the journals as the sample for your research paper or dissertation.
- *Film – documentary, motion picture, TV show, or else. You can cite even YouTube videos, but many students do not know how to do this without APA reference generator. We’ll help!
Let New APA Style Citation Generator Automatically Format Your Reference Page
If you require an in-depth guidance on this complicated style, there is always an opportunity to purchase the latest edition of Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Most probably, you’ll never catch up with all changes as sixth edition has been released so far. The rules are often modified, so it’s impossible to keep them in mind. That is why it is recommended to use free online APA style citation generator for comprehensive information on publishing papers, essays, and articles in the social and behavioral sciences. Different elements of APA style were included in our tool, so you will not miss anything.
APA referencing style along with Chicago and Harvard is used for the following types of academic papers:
- Term/research papers
- Lab reports
- Empirical studies
- Scientific journals
- Academic articles
- Literature reviews/bibliographies
- Theoretical papers methodological articles
- Case studies.
There are also various sections in APA style paper. Our APA in text citation generator takes care of the most crucial part which is Bibliography. In MLA and Chicago, it is called Work Cited Page. APA usually names it Reference Page or simply References. Anyway, while your teacher or professor may have no interest in abstract or appendices, in-text citations and final bibliography is needed even at high school level when students first meet this style. After mastering APA with the help of this automatic APA format citation generator, student will definitely handle other, more complicated styles used in higher educational institutions only.
Free and Convenient Online APA Reference Generator
Viewing numerous online samples of research papers often is not enough. You cannot cite textbook or article the same way as you cite video. A student can spend restless nights on reading APA Citation Guides, released by the academy. However, as it was mentioned above, these rules may change. We add all the modifications to our system. Thus, you can keep on revising each essay according to the latest (sixth) edition of the APA manual and fix everything in hand, or you can rely on our APA citation generator. You don’t lose anything. Our service was designed to make it possible for each student to save a plenty of time on referencing all sources correctly. It provides the general format for in-text citations and the final, reference page.
Keep in mind that formatting every research paper, essay, or dissertation in APA refers to understanding a number of mechanical details:
- Line spacing
- Page headings
None of the elements possesses such a dramatic influence on your final grade as properly formatted bibliography and in-text quotations. It is important to understand that APA citing is not just another whim of your tutor – it’s something required for the fair treatment of individuals and groups of authors who share their original ideas with masses. You wouldn’t like any of your ideas to be stolen, would you?
Besides, APA citation generator free means that our service comes absolutely for free. We care about all students and wish to make it possible for all of them to save a plenty of money. Simply choose one of the source types to begin creating the perfect citation in APA format with the help of this user-friendly website. This powerful referencing style citation generator has helped thousands of students already – become one of them!
Why do I Need to Cite?
Harvard referencing can be a confusing task, especially if you are new to the concept, but it’s absolutely essential. In fact, accurate and complete referencing can mean the difference between reaching your academic goals and damaging your reputation amongst scholars. Simply put - referencing is the citing of sources you have utilised to support your essay, research, conference or article etc.
Even if you are using our Harvard style citation generator, understanding why you need to cite will go a long way in helping you to naturally integrate the process into your research and writing routine.
Firstly, whenever another source contributes to your work you must give the original author the appropriate credit in order to avoid plagiarism, even when you have completely reworded the information. The only exception to this rule is common knowledge - e.g. Barack Obama is President of the United States. Whilst plagiarism is not always intentional, it is easy to accidentally plagiarize your work when you are under pressure from imminent deadlines, you have managed your time ineffectively, or if you lack confidence when putting ideas into your own words. The consequences can be severe; deduction of marks at best, expulsion from college or legal action from the original author at worst. Find out more here.
This may sound overwhelming, but plagiarism can be easily avoided by using our Harvard citation generator and carrying out your research and written work thoughtfully and responsibly. We have compiled a handy checklist to follow whilst you are working on an assignment.
How to avoid plagiarism:
- Formulate a detailed plan - carefully outline both the relevant content you need to include, as well as how you plan on structuring your work
- Keep track of your sources - record all of the relevant publication information as you go (e.g. If you are citing a book you should note the author or editor’s name(s), year of publication, title, edition number, city of publication and name of publisher). Carefully save each quote, word-for-word, and place it in inverted commas to differentiate it from your own words. Tired of interrupting your workflow to cite? Use our Harvard referencing generator to automate the process
- Manage your time effectively - make use of time plans and targets, and give yourself enough time to read, write and proofread
- When you are paraphrasing information, make sure that you use only your own words and a sentence structure that differs from the original text
- Save all of your research and citations in a safe place - organise and manage your Harvard style citations.
If you carefully check your college or publisher’s advice and guidelines on citing and stick to this checklist, you should be confident that you will not be accused of plagiarism.
Secondly, proving that your writing is informed by appropriate academic reading will enhance your work’s authenticity. Academic writing values original thought that analyzes and builds upon the ideas of other scholars. It is therefore important to use Harvard style referencing to accurately signpost where you have used someone else’s ideas in order to show that your writing is based on knowledge and informed by appropriate academic reading. Citing your sources will demonstrate to your reader that you have delved deeply into your chosen topic and supported your thesis with expert opinions.
Here at Cite This For Me we understand how precious your time is, which is why we created our Harvard citation generator and guide to help relieve the unnecessary stress of citing. Escape assignment-hell and give yourself more time to focus on the content of your work by using Cite This For Me citation management tool.